Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Apologies!!

Hi,
Sorry - I promised you Q&A from Lauren Groff, author of The Monsters of Templeton, and then I disappeared. I actually went to LA for the annual book industry trade show, called Book Expo. More on that later. First, here's question & answer #1 from Lauren:

Q: How long did the book take to write?

A: From the first sentence of the first draft to when I gave it to my agent, it took about three-and-a-half years to write Monsters...add in another year for editing (and ongoing edits that I wish I could make every time I read it...but can't!), and you have a good part of my adult life. In a real sense, though, I have been working on this book my whole life--I've been storing up stories and tall-tales and characters since I first started writing seriously (every day) when I was fourteen. But it wasn't until I was living in California, very hungry for my hometown, that I sat down (after having written two very massively failed previous novels) to write about Cooperstown.

No comments: