Friday, March 28, 2008

Sneak Peeks

A while back, I mentioned a class I teach at Temple University. Let me say more about it. The class is in their continuing education program, and it’s called “A Sneak Peek at Next Year’s Bestsellers.” My idea was to create something with books akin to a film festival, where readers get to read books BEFORE they are published. As a publishing industry insider, I frequently get galleys (early pre-pub editions) of books, but for non-industry folks, I figured it would be a special treat to get early copies of books.
Each session of the class lasts 4 to 5 weeks, and we read a book a week in galleys I get from the publisher. It’s great, and the students love it!
If you want more info, you can see:
http://amb-hercules.ftwash.temple.edu/CourseStatus.awp?~~08B8340
My plan next is to correspond with the authors of some of the books we’re reading in class.

No comments: